What is the Rapid Lock System?
Our rapid lock system was introduced in 2016 in response to feedback from our distributors that pre-assembled brooms often arrived damaged after transit, which is not the service we strive for at Cottam.
We collaborated with the Business & IP Centre (BIPC) North East to create an easy way for customers to assemble brooms themselves. The system provides a simple, end-user assembly solution.
The key benefits of the rapid lock system include:
- A “no tools required” assembly, reducing the risk of injury
- Easy assembly which can be done in under 10 seconds
- An adjustable lock which can be tightened to accommodate timber shrinkage
- Brooms are easier to transport
- Reduced damage during transport and storage
- Reduced amount of storage space required
How to use the rapid lock system
1 Insert the broom shank into the connector.
2 Push the shank into the connector as far as it can go.
3 Slide the lock part onto the handle down to the connector.
4 Tighten the lock on the connector until the shank is secure.