Ada is Cottam’s Sourcing Manager and has worked for Cottam for over 11 years.
- Describe your role at Cottam
I am the Sourcing Manager for Cottam, based in China. I have been working for Cottam since 2012. My main responsibilities are sourcing the best suppliers in China to make our products and manage that ongoing relationship. I follow up on orders we have placed and visit our suppliers to perform inspections, as well as organising shipping to the UK.
- What do you like about working at Cottam?
I love being part of the Cottam team. Everyone is professional and responsible, and also very friendly. The senior management team is open-minded, and I can share my thoughts and ideas freely.
Cottam has such a long history (165 years this year!) Each time l introduce our company to new customers or suppliers, I feel very proud and lucky to work here.
- What skills do you bring to the Cottam team?
I have a lot of experience working in sourcing roles which helps me find the right suppliers for Cottam products and carry out inspections for quality control. I have worked with many suppliers and I enjoy building relationships with our suppliers so we get the best products or our customers. Being organised helps me when following up orders and making sure they’re shipped on time.
- What do you like doing in your spare time?
I like cycling, travelling and reading books in my spare time.
- What three items would you bring to a desert island?
– A “swiss army shovel” like the one in the photo. It’s multi-functional and would be very useful on a desert island.
– Someone with experience using wilderness survival skills!
– A book to entertain me and help me keep going through the tough times
- What’s your favourite food?
Seafood is my favourite food. I grew up by the seaside and it’s been a favourite of mine since childhood.