For the past 165 years, from our home in the North-East, Cottam have been supplying some of the world’s most prestigious companies with the precision-engineered custom brushes they need to get the job done. Across six generations of the Cottam family, we’ve always strived for excellence. As the world has evolved, so have we, and now more than ever we get asked to manufacture brushes on a much larger scale.
Big brushes can bring relatively big challenges – logistical challenges, assembly challenges, structural integrity challenges, the list goes on. With that in mind, our inhouse design team work with our customers to ensure the design of the brush is fit for its intended purpose.
Here are some examples of our modular brush designs…
Together with the insight from our customers we have developed ways to manufacture large-scale brushes, which solves the challenges above. We manufacture brushes in manageable modules rather than as one whole. We do this for a number of reasons:
- Often a brush made of modules uses our standard technical brushes technology which enables the brush to be manufactured a lot faster and reduces your lead times
- Designing brushes in this manner allows for additional structural strength to be incorporated into the build and additional design features that can aid brush performance or future maintenance
- There are also efficiencies made when manufacturing a brush in modules which ultimately can make the brush cheaper to produce and saves you money
- A brush made up of modules is easier to transport, and the risk of damage is kept to a minimum
- Installation is made much easier – A brush which is manufactured using smaller modules makes fitting it on site less daunting and easier to manage
Cottam have been manufacturing custom brushes for many years now, so we really do know our stuff. If you do require a custom brush or would like to have a chat with a member of our technical team to discuss your requirements, feel free to give us a call or drop us an email, we look forward to hearing from you.